Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 18, Saying good-bye...for now.




I have been dreading this day for a little while now.  The day I put Marne on a plane and watch her fly back to Oregon.  The last two weeks have been awesome.  She truly is an amazing person. Kind, sweet, caring, beautiful, adventurous, giving, helpful and loving.  I'm feeling pretty lucky to be a part of her life.  God is good.  She is proof of that.  Missing you already Marne and already looking forward to next fall when we officially cast off the dock lines together and let the wind carry us to where it will.

As for Cabo, it really is not my kind of place as I prefer the quiet and remote beauty found in the anchorages far away from towns, cities, airlines and masses of people.  A few nights ago when Marne and I were in Frailes I went up top, layed on my back and just looked up at the heavens. Remote anchorages in Baja have so little light pollution that the skies look like you are in a planetarium.  There are so many stars that it is difficult to find the most common of constellations like the Big Dipper or Orion's Belt because they are buried amongst so many other stars that they get drowned out.  I have never seen anything like it anywhere in the States, even in remote places like wilderness areas that are far from our homes and cities.

This afternoon I will pick up Clint Wallace and his girlfriend, the last of my whirlwind tour of visitors aboard for the last month and a half.  I am really looking forward to it and hope that they enjoy their time aboard as we sail north toward La Paz.  As for right now...I've got nothing else for ya.  Look for the good and the beautiful in everyone, every place and every situation.  It's there.  Peace out.  

Bret
SV Liahona

No comments:

Post a Comment