Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22, Affordable health care...

Not much to report today other than some in town errands and Tallen's health situation.  First thing this morning I took Tallen to see a doctor. The back of his throat looked terrible this morning, red, swollen and with white-ish looking sores.  Not good. He was in a lot of pain this morning.  Anyway, we went first to a pharmacy to see if they could help or recommend something. The girl at the desk said that I could see the doctor just next door.  I asked how much that would be and she said that his consultation fee is 50 pesos, about $3.50.  Hmmm....ok, I can afford that. lol.  Next door we went and met with the doctor immediately.  Upon examination he said that Tallen has a VERY BAD infection and recommended a shot once a day for 3 days and then some other meds.  Bueno.  I took the prescription next door to the pharmacy to get the needed meds, including the syringes and stuff for that, then back next door to Doc Victor.  Tallen got to show his derrier to Vic and after dropping trowel he got stuck with a needle in the keister, which he didn't like very much. lol. After we were done I asked what I owed him.  His reply was "whatever you like".  And then my reply..."no, like what is the fee"?  "Whatever you feel is fair", came the reply again.  So 50 pesos it was.  Pretty affordable medical care I would say.  He said he is just there to help wherever he can especially with people that can't afford it.  He retired from regular practice a few years ago and just wants to help.  My kind of guy! So with shots, oral meds and the doctor's fee it all came to about $8 bucks. Hell ya!  haha.  As for Tallen, he is already much better this afternoon and says his throat is still sore but WAY better than this morning.



That is it for today.  A few chores and an experience with medical care south of the border style...the way it should be. ha.  Ciao for now.

Bret and Tallen
SV Liahona

No comments:

Post a Comment